Every true dog mom knows that they prefer to spend time with their dog rather than spend time with other people. There is nothing wrong with that! People are annoying, dogs are not. It’s just a fact. However, it can get a little boring, doing the same thing with your pooch over and over and over. You can only cuddle with your dog while watching Netflix or walk the same mile-long loop with your pup for so long! Sometimes, you need to try something new. So if you are ready for a change, here we have gathered our best tips to putting together the perfect date with your dog.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we receive a commission if you decide to purchase through these links, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we love so we hope you love them too.
Get Your Dog Dressed Up for the Occassion
Even if you aren’t going anywhere fancy, you and your dog both deserve a little freshening up! Here are a few ideas to get you started with your pooch’s makeover.
1. Give your dog a bath
The first part of any dogs’ beauty routine should be bathing. Even just a quick rinse can make all the difference in your pup’s appearance (and drastically improve their smell as well)! However, if you and your dog both dread bath time, check out these tips to make it a quick, easy experience for the both of you!
If you really want to pamper your pooch, try this Luxury Designer Pet Perfume! All you have to do is spray a little bit onto your dog’s back to keep them smelling fresh for the whole day. It’s also safe and easy to use, not to mention the fact that it smells wonderful. This special touch will guarantee that your dog will be feeling clean and ready for a fun time with their mom!
2. Find an outfit for your dog
We understand that all dogs are beautiful just the way they are, but styling your dog in a nice outfit can make your date night with your dog ten times more fun than what it would be without one! It could be anything from a suit or a dress to a sweatshirt and sweatpants. It really just depends on you and your dog’s pawsome style.
To buy a dog outfit, the first thing we recommend doing is doing your research online! It’s the most convenient way to find the perfect outfit. Not to mention, you’ll get plenty of style inspiration as you search.
There are thousands of different, affordable outfits for your dog on sites like Amazon. Whatever size or style your dog wants, you should be able to find what you are looking for in minutes! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Adidog Sweatshirt and Sweatpants Outfit
- Tuxedo Outfit For Medium To Large Dogs
- Dog Ties
- Denim Jacket Vest
3. Give your dog a pawdicure
If your dog has a flare for luxury, then this step is a must. Any dog mom loves getting a good pedicure, and so does your furry friend! Pamper them with these non toxic quick drying dog nail polish pens! They come in three different colors (red, purple, and pink) to match whatever your pup is wearing that day! It’s a simple idea that could be just the right touch to make your dog stand out.
Dressing your furry friend is the first step to having the perfect date with your dog. Whether you go all out or just give your pup a quick spray of doggy cologne, these options will surely get your dog ready for a night out on the town.
4. Choose your doggy date activity
After you and your furry friend are out the door, you need to find something to do. Lucky for you, there are endless amounts of things that you can do with your dog, from going for a nice walk to swimming to even getting a dog massage. The possibilities are endless!
To give you some dog date ideas, we gathered a few options that are fun and easy.
- Visit a dog park. The perfect place to play with your pooch.
- Take an obedience training class. Bond with your dog and maybe learn a few more tricks while your at it!
- Go shopping with your dog. Splurge on some new dog toys! Your pup can help you, too.
- Do Doga (Dog Yoga). Relax with some yoga and your best friend!
- Go hiking. If you are ready for a more active time, you and your pet will enjoy a nice hike with some great views.
- Get a dog massage. Is your furry friend a little stressed? Book an appointment to give them a massage! Surely that will make them feel better.
- Go for a walk in a new place. Near a beach? Go for a walk on the shore! Want to go for a stroll downtown? Try it! You and your pup might enjoy a change of scenary.
- Go on a picnic. Grab some food and relax with your fur baby.
- Go swimming. If your pup is down for a swim, go to a beach or a lake and hang out there for a while.
These are just a few date ideas you can do with your dog, so don’t feel limited to this list! The point is to just try something different. Explore and try new things; in the end, whether it goes as planned or not, it will be a fun adventure that you got to share with your furry friend!
5. Find A Place To Eat
Of course, you can’t go on a date without grabbing a bite or two to eat because…priorities. However, it can be hard to find a good place to do so with a dog. Never fear, though, for we have gathered a few pet-friendly restaurants that have great food for both humans and dogs. You and your pup will never have to bring snacks to share again!
- Starbucks. While you grab you coffee, get your dog a Puppuccino! All it is is some whipped cream in a cup, which should be a wonderful treat that your pup will love!
- Dairy Queen. Dairy Queen offers a Pup Cup, which is a small serving of vanilla ice cream, thats free with a purchase. Your dog will definitely appreciate this sweet treat!
- In-N-Out Burger. We all know dogs love burgers. In-N-Out Burger will give you what they call a Pup Patty, which is a burger patty without the extra salt and seasonings. Perfect for your furry friend!
- Shake Shack. This restaurant takes their dog menu very seriously. With two different offers for your pup (The Poochini, a peanut butter sundae with dog biscuits, and the Bag O’ Bones, a bag of gourmet dog biscuits made in NYC at Bocce’s Bakery), this chain is sure to satisfy your furbaby’s taste buds.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes. This bakery makes their own special cupcakes that are safe for dogs to consume. Where could you go wrong with that?
- Johnny Rockets. There is a wide selection of dog-friendly food at this little joint. They offer burgers, ice cream, pupcakes, and (at some locations) more thats all safe for canine consumption!
- Culver’s. This fast food chain offers a dog-friendly vanilla custard to all of its canine customers. Yum!
- Dunkin’ Donuts. This coffee and donut shop keeps dog treats handy and even has puppy latte’s at some locations!
So after a long day or night of adventuring with your pooch, grab some food for both you and your dog! You surely won’t regret it, and neither will your fur baby.
5. Take Pictures
Even though you may not want it to end, your perfect date with your dog will have to stop at some point. That’s okay, though, because you will have made lasting memories with your pooch that you will treasure forever! What is the best way to remember this day, you ask?
Have a photoshoot, of course!
That way you can share the wonderful day you and your fur baby had with everyone you know, and look back on it in the future.
First things first, you have to find a nice backdrop for your pictures. Find a graffitied wall or a nice view. It could really be anything; it just needs to be a place that you think looks pretty and has character.
Next, grab your camera. You can use a real camera or a phone camera, whichever you are more comfortable with.
Once you have both of these things and your fur baby, its picture time! Take as many photos as you want, and don’t delete the bad ones. Those will be the funny ones to look back on, trust me.
Now that you have your photos, it’s time to post! You can do a little editing if you would like, maybe slap a filter on them, or just leave them as they are. If you need caption ideas, check out these 30 dog mom quotes that you’ll love for inspiration!
Now, you have pictures to document the perfect date with your dog. These are memories that you can cherish for the rest of your life and look back on. Plus, you now have some very cute pictures to post on all of your social media accounts. Because if you didn’t post it, did it really even happen?
There you have it! The full guide to having the perfect date with your dog. There is no better way us dog moms can think of to spend our Friday or Saturday night than taking our canine companions out for a fun adventure. We hope the next time you are deciding what to do with your furry friend, you take these ideas into consideration!